Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The future is promised to no one.

Today has been a heart wrenching day. The world lost four amazing people as Heaven gained four beautiful angels. I didn't know the victims very well, but I knew the mother from her involvement with the schools. I know one of her surviving children as well. I passed that house every single day for thirteen years, maybe more if you count all the times I drove to Stilson myself. I know that house and now there's nothing left of it really. It's a charred mess. It's just a reminder of how these amazing people - that amazing family lost so much so quickly. It's a reminder of how short life is.

It makes me sick to think about it. Just to think, they had no idea what was going to happen when they went to sleep. They, like all of us, thought they would wake up to a freezing cold Wednesday morning. They didn't. That is such a scary feeling. At any time it could happen. That could have just as easily been myself, my friends, my family, as much as them.

It makes you think about your life and all of the people in it. Is it really worth fighting over things just to be right? Is it really worth keeping everything inside instead of telling people how much they mean to you? Life is way too short to be anything but happy. Don't worry about what may make someone mad. Live your life for you. Even if it may not be "normal" or "convenient", do what makes you happy because you only get one shot, one go at this. It could be taken away from you so very fast.

I don't want to think about things anymore. I just want to live. Especially those girls, were taken way, way, way too young. They had so much left to live for; and for so many of us to take it for granted is just wrong. It's not okay to take this life like nothing can ever happen to us. We should live our life like it will be over tomorrow. We need to tell our loved ones how we feel, be happy while we can.

Because, honestly, one day it will be our day, and personally I want to have no regrets.

Today, while so heart wrenching has made me understand one thing even more clearly:

Everything can change in the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment