Sunday, January 15, 2012

There's only going to be one of you, ever....so you may as well make the most of it.

My head seriously feels like it's about to float away. My eyes feel like they're going to follow my head's lead. I hate having a cold. You think after having two kids, one of which with no drugs, I would be a tough cookie. When I'm sick, I turn in to a big baby. I just want to lay on the couch and sleep...maybe even have mama or daddy take care of me.

That's what I WANT. See, I'm twenty three years old and have two toddlers. I don't see me resting while I'm sick happening anytime soon. I never took a Lamaze class, but I know what it consists of. The breathing techniques they teach you in those classes come in handy when you're sick as a dog and chasing two babies. In other words, I sound like I'm in labor between coughs and sneezes.

If that's not bad enough, I'm allergic to stupid people, and they're everywhere this week. E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. Sometimes, I wonder about this being the last year for humanity. I mean, having this many stupid people on ONE planet has got to be dangerous somehow.

Oh, I finally watched The People's Choice Awards I DVRed from the night I was sick...yeah, the sick before this sick. Speaking of STUPID people, what in the world was that whole show about? Talk about dumb. The skits were just insane. Adam Sandler? Favorite comedic actor? He's stupid. My two year old could give a better (and more humorous) thank you speech than him. There's NO way he's funnier than
Jim Parsons. You hear me??? No. Way.

Random switch of subject here, but one thing I have learned through the past nine months is, you can't really sit on the sidelines because you're afraid. I may not be the most confident person in the world. I know hands down I'm not flat out gorgeous, I'm not super smart, and a lot of people don't think I'm that funny. (Probably because my sarcasm is just too good, haha!) However, I've learned that you have to take chances. You have to take risks because if you don't you'll be miserable the rest of your life wondering "what if".

No "one thing" has made me feel this way. There are many things that have helped me understand it. I'm terrified of failing at everything, but if I let that get to me, I would be nothing. I'm not super outgoing, but yet I run my own photography business. There's a lot of failing involved in doing that you want. It took me a lot to get to where I am, and so many times I have fallen flat on my face and wanted to quit. But I didn't. I didn't quit. I kept putting myself out there. Now, it's better than I could have possibly imagined.

So, anytime I am afraid of something like that with my friendships, relationships (or lack thereof), schooling, parenting, anything...I remember how you have to take chances. Keep taking them because one of these days it will turn out to be amazing. Don't worry about what people will think of you. Don't judge yourself or your work or anything based on what other people like or what other people ARE like. You're your own person. There's only going to be one of you, ever....so you may as well make the most of it.

Yayyy! I'm sick and I managed to blog something "deep". I deserve a pat on the back...or better yet, that jumbo sized Cinnabon cinnamon roll that's waiting for me in the kitchen with a big glass of milk, and Once Upon a Time on DVR.

Yep.
That's a plan.
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment