Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Though thoroughly boring to read about, today was a good day.

I'm trying this new "blogging every day to get thoughts out of my head" thing.
Yes, that sentence was a doozy.
Let’s start with my day…this should be fun.

Well, I’d rather start with last night. I was simply sitting on the couch watching Drop Dead Diva from the night before. Kealan had just gone to bed, and Ireland was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. For some strange reason, halfway through the show she climbed up on the couch and sat next to me. If you know my child, you know that this is a rare occurrence and one should keep an eye on her when she starts to act like a normal kid. (This is a joke; I’m not serious about her not being normal…sarcasm…for those who don’t GET it.)

I look beside me and I ask if she’s okay. She nods. A few minutes later I look over and she’s PASSED OUT. I don’t mean falling asleep, dozing off, or drowsy looking. I mean, she was blacked out. Her little head was falling over and everything. So, I laid her on the couch with a pillow and blanket since she thoroughly protested when I tried to carry her to her bedroom.

Now that she was asleep, I decided to do some homework in the office. Once I was finished I go back to the living room expecting her to be exactly where I left her like she had been the fifty million times I checked on her in the past hour. She wasn’t. I was terrified and looked everywhere. Come to find out, she was huddled underneath a blanket on the opposite end of the couch….diaperless.

Needless to say, we both went to my bed and slept after that one.

Did I mention the first time she fell asleep it was barely 8 o’clock? Well, I woke up at 8am this morning and she was still out. I had to WAKE her up. I usually let her sleep in, but it was a school day and she was in my bed. My bed is ginormous and super high, so I had no choice. She was NOT having that. She was a zombie this morning. That is, until Grandpa cooked her some cheese toast and bacon. It seemed to rev her up a bit. Not long at all after I got Ireland up, Kealan woke up. That’s a good thing to see in the morning as well. That HUGE smile and big blue eyes. She was so excited to see me. I hardly ever see her first thing in the morning because my daddy usually gets her since he’s already up…and since normally Ireland stays up late.

I got dressed and headed to class not long after I woke up. I was looking forward to an easy, rainy day. That is, until I got to my school and realized the sky was way too dark for my comfort. Also, the wind was pretty brutal. Before class, I sit in the lobby and play around on my phone. Oh, great. Tornado watch. Yes, that made my Tuesday a “Monday”. After an hour long boring class about the most ridiculous things (I call that my pointless class that gives me a higher GPA) I got to leave and return home. I get home and Kealan is asleep. (Today was a bad day, I barely saw my munchkin for an hour )

Ireland is wide awake. I walk into the playroom and ask her where Sissy is. She said “She’s sleeping,” in a whisper. Haha, smarty. She ran up to me and hugged me and told me all about her day since I had left. We turned Franklin on and she grabbed her bottle and we curled up on the couch and took a nap. My daddy woke us up for lunch and we chowed down. Then my tinkerbell woke up and joined the feast. However, not ten minutes after she woke up, I had to leave…again.

(this is why I hate my schedule)

Before class, I stop at that gas station near the four way stop. Yeah, I don’t know what it’s called, it’s just a gas station at the four way stop to me. I get a Mountain Dew, in hopes the caffeine will keep me awake through Anatomy, and rev up my mind for Medical Terminology’s test. I also grab a bag of Molten Hot Wing Ruffles. Okay, so this is where it gets bad.

I do NOT remember them being that “Molten Hot” when I was pregnant with Kealan. I think being un-pregnant has made me a food-wussy. Spicy food is unbareable lately. I think my Kealan cravings are finally subsiding after nearly a year. I was disappointed. I couldn’t eat more than two. Stupid chips.

Yes, I’m random, but I was highly disappointed in this.
I get to school, load up on my books and head to the door.

Creeper Alert.

Out of three guys in the front, it’s not the two decently cute ones who approach me. It’s the dude with the baggy pants…I mean so baggy I could tell you his underwear were navy blue…and a hat on crooked…oh, and he was shorter than me. “Hey Beautiful,” He says. I just give him a look like “REALLY? Really? Really.”

Some guys just don’t get the hint. He got up in my personal bubble, right behind me…like that creepy guy from Hey! Arnold. Yes, it was that bad. He said it again. “Hey, Beautiful.” At this point, I’m just praying he disappears soon. I think after I ignored him, he got the hint.

Why can’t it just be a NORMAL guy for once?
Not like I’m LOOKING…but geeze, creepers don’t flatter a girl. They creep her out. This guy, definitely creeped me out.

Anatomy has got to be the most BORING class ever. It’s not hard. It’s just boring. Ridiculously boring. I love my teacher to death, but I don’t like ramblers. I’d rather just learn and leave. But nope. That can’t happen…ever. After that class, on Tuesdays, I’m stuck to wait an hour before my next class which lasts about two hours. I think the class is WAY over crowded too. It’s so boring. One day we define about 60+ words, the next class we have a test. That’s it. That’s the ENTIRE class. It’s very freakin’ boring.

FUN PART OF MY DAY BEGINS…once I get home. Once again, Kealan is napping and Ireland is bouncing off the walls telling me about her day. She had just gotten up from her nap which explains the excessive amount of energy. We eat supper, then Kealan wakes up right as I’m walking out the door with Ireland to run errands. Of course, I squeeze in some cuddle time with her before I have to go. Ireland and I make a trip to walmart.

Honeybee.
Honeybee.
Honeybee.
Oh, how I am starting to loathe you.

At least my daughter loves you. We had to listen to that the ENTIRE way to Statesboro and the ENTIRE way back. No ifs. No ands. No buts. She wasn’t compromising. It’s Ireland’s way or the highway. So we blasted Honeybee, and rolled down every window in my Chrysler Pacifica.

Really B.A.
I know.
Haha.

Our adventures at Walmart begin as we shop and we are carrying on conversations and everyone stares at us like “Ohhh that’s so cute!” or “Why the heck are you talking to a kid?” Either way, I enjoy it. I love our conversations. Of course it took centuries to get out of walmart.

Opinion time: If you’re standing in the 20 items or less line with 20 items or more, you should have to like…go to another line, or sit in time out or something. It’s messed up. It’s called SPEEDY checkout for a reason. You have officially made it…Not-So-Speedy-Checkout-Because-Douchebag-Who-Bought-Half-of-Store-is-too-Lazy-to-Walk-to-Next-Register-Checkout.

During this waiting period Ireland is constantly saying “Hold you, hold you”. So I’m here, with a HUGE buggy (I forgot to mention she MADE me get one of those HUGE semi buggies for her…and I had to buckle her Yo Gabba Gabba book in as well…), five items, standing behind a Douchebag-Who-Bought-Half-of-Store-and-is-too-Lazy-to-Walk-to-Next-Register, holding a two year old, and trying to talk her away from the edge of a fit she’s about to have because she’s TIRED of waiting. Ohhhh, joy.
We finally escape the “Hell” (sorry, no better word for it) known as Wal-Mart, and get in the car. HONEYBEE! We get halfway home and Ireland points out the window. “Mommy! Yook! Moooooon!” So I begin to tell her stories about the man in the moon, the stars, and the sky. She’s very interested, repeating everything I say.

Then we get home, and she lost the moon. She was upset. So, I had to show her it was still there, and we went inside. I FINALLY got to snuggle my Kealan for more than five minutes before she was tired and went to bed again.

Ireland was wired.
Of course.

It took me twenty minutes to make a snack that usually takes me five seconds to make. Why? Well, Ireland hid behind one end of the cabinets and said: “Ready or not! Here I come!” And ran full speed at me just to hug me. She did this for twenty minutes straight. I couldn’t tell her to stop…it was too darn cute and I was getting free hugs out of it.  After that became boring to her (or at least less interesting) she piled up on the couch with me and watched TV. I finally got her to bed about 11:30, took a shower, and now I’m finishing this blog, tired as all get out…and dreading having to wake up and be AT class at 8am.
Have I mentioned I hate this schedule??

Though thoroughly boring to read about, today was a good day. It was a busy day, but a great day. I like uneventful. I love normal days. The only thing I would change is being able to see my chunky monkey a bit more today…but hopefully that will change tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment