Sunday, June 26, 2011

music says what words cannot.

So, I've been thinking...I usually bombard facebook with all sorts of videos from youtube with music that makes me feel better or frankly, says what I cannot. Music always speaks where words can't, or where words aren't enough. Instead of compiling everything on facebook's news feed, I decided to blog about the songs that I find...are bringing me the most comfort right now and why. It may be cheesy, but, hey, it's a blog. :) I get to do what I want.

Song Number 1:


Words cannot describe how I feel about this song. This is the motherlode when it comes to songs expressing how I feel right now. Every word of this song I have felt. The chorus speaks to me the most; and every time I hear it, it makes me realize exactly what I've been through and how strong I've already become. Therefore, whatever lies ahead, I know I can handle. "Even on my weakest day...I get a little bit stronger."

Song Number 2:


Another song that word-for-word expresses how I feel. It makes me feel so happy when I hear it. It gives so much hope; and shows you will go through hard times, but in the end everything will be okay. "Sometimes you gotta lose til you win"...that's my favorite line from the song; hands down.


Song Number 3:


Talk about a song to convey the pain you feel when someone leaves you. This guy is way talented. Some of the lyrics I can't relate with; but the chorus...tugs at my heart EVERY single time. I know how it feels to feel like that; and even though I'm stronger than I was that night...this song brings back those feelings. Even if I can listen to it without bawling my eyes out now; it's still hard to listen to it. It's a beautiful song. <3 Kudos, Brantley. "No, baby don't. You're making my heart hurt. Don't say those words; take it back, you know you don't mean that. And you swore when I wore your ring, it meant forever. I've got it on, baby, how can you say I lost it. Oh, you promised." Song Number 4:

If I could say anything I wanted to the person who has caused me all of this pain and stress...it would be this song. It his the nail on the head. Sometimes, I honestly think it's just "things people say", no matter what. But that could just be my bitter side. :)"What about the promise that you made to stay with me till your dying day. Said you'd never go away. Are they just things that people say?"


Song Number 5:


This is my feel good song. Every time that person gripes about everything that's going on; and how that person can't survive living the life they want to live AND support their kids; yep. This is the song. I adore it. I adore her. She's my rock. Haha. "Maybe you should have thought about that...when you were cheatin."

Song Number 6:


Big song. I LOVE THIS SONG. Again; I would add this to the "if I could tell him anything" ...it would also be this song. :D "Cause I'll be there in the back of your mind from the day we met till you were making me cry and it's just too bad, you've already had the best days; the best days of your life."


Song Number 7:


'Nuf said. :) "The word is faithful; look it up. It don't mean sneaking around behind my back like you ain't gettin' enough."


Song Number 8:


Oldie but goodie. This woman...can sing. And this song is another one that just makes me want to raise my hands to the sky in the car and shout AMEN! However, I would get in a wreck, so I just fight that urge. "Forgive...that's a mighty big word for such a small man and I'm not sure I can." <3 Amen, sista. Ammmmennnn. Song Number 9:

My girl. I love her! This song is amazing. This is definitely on my "songs that make me happy and strong feeling" list. :D "I miss you now and then, but would I do it all again? Nah..."

Song Number 10:


Miranda Lambert. She's awesome. This SONG is awesome. If I'm stressed; I blast this in the car...of course not with my babies. Then I blast honeybee by her husband for Ireland lol. But this song is a stress reliever. :) "He wants a fight, well now he's got one, he ain't seen me crazy yet. He slapped my face and shook me like a rag doll, don't that sound like a real man? I'm gonna show him what a little girl's made of: gunpowder and lead."


Song Number 11:


I really don't like her; haha, but I love this song. And it definitely fits my emotions to a T. "You stole my happy, you made me cry; took the lonely and took me for a ride. Now I wanna undo it."


Song Number 12:


I know a few people who will get a kick out of THIS song. :) "She's an actress; She's better known for the things that she does on the matress." :)It makes me LAUGH so hard; and it's a feel good song for me. :)


Song Number 13:


I'm ending my list with a song that describes it all...and gives me hope. :)


"The day I thought I'd never get through; I got over you." <3

No comments:

Post a Comment