Monday, December 12, 2011

Life. Is. Good

Hall-e-luh-yer!
*in my best Mable Simmons voice*

Finals. Are. Over.
As in, done, kapeesh, nada, no MORE!
Which also means that I am done with four of the most ridiculously boring classes ever. I am one core class away from surgical classes and clinicals. One. Semester. Left.

Yes, I can't believe it. I'm so happy. I know I still have about eight months before I'm actually getting my hands dirty in an OR somewhere, but honestly...I've never felt more close to accomplishing something amazing like this. It's even intensified by the fact that my girls will be there with me to enjoy it all and to be there when I graduate.

Oh, and for the record, (directed towards Creeper #2), whenever I tell you that I'm going to school to be a Surgical Technologist, please don't write back with "Ew". Okay, I get it. You can't see past Gold's Gym, and McDonald's fries makes you sick. That's where we differ. I hate the gym, I love fries, and I have a more manly intestinal fortitude (aka : GUTS) than you. Oh, and NO I will not be cutting into people. I'll just be helping the guy who ...cuts into people.

Anyway, I'm excited. Very excited.

I'm dreading tomorrow. If you know me really well, you know what tomorrow is. Hopefully it's the last time I have to walk inside of that ugly building; but hopefully it all works out like I want it to. I'm going to be a nervous wreck. Ugh.

Photography.
Oh, photography.
How I love thee.
But how I am starting to hate thee with a fire inside so large it may actually scorch my camera.
I love doing what I do. I love capturing memories for people. However, a lot of clients recently seem to be sucking the fun out of it for me. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I suck butt (yeah, I said it...) or maybe I'm just too nice.

I really think I'm too nice.
I bend over backwards and put everyone else before myself. That's not really a bad thing. However, in some aspects of life it is a very bad thing. For example, when you're a single mom of two kids, trying to run a business while going to school. Yep. That is a bad thing. I need to learn the meaning of NO and how to use it.

I need to learn how to stand my ground.
Cause I would rather people be happy than have people hate me.

Definitely a flaw.

At least I have some amazing friends to keep me sane and tell me things like "It's definitely not you. You're doing everything right". There are two girls in particular, Laci and Nicky, who I wouldn't be able to live without. They're like my new stand-in-husbands. (They're better than the original, too!) <-I'm just sayin. They're awesome.

They're always there for me, and they know I'll NEVER judge them. If they need me I'm there in a heartbeat and they're there for me. I love them and their babies like family. I know whatever I tell them isn't going to be all over town before they leave my house. I can trust them with a guy I'm interested in, haha...inside joke. *ahem* It's been awhile since I've had friends like that I could count on.

Okay, so maybe Laci and I have known each other since like...third freaking grade, but we lost each other for awhile there. I must say I'm very happy to have her back! I've missed her retardedness and how it meshes with my own retardedness. (<-No offense to the people that get butthurt over certain wording. you KNOW what I mean.)

And Nicky. Ohhh, my Nicky! :) She's always been a sweetheart, but it wasn't until my entire life fell apart that she became my rock. She's the person I go to when I feel like everything is just going crazy. She knows the right things to say to make me feel so much better about myself and everything else in my life.

So, this whole sappy mess is to say: THANK YOU so much for everything; mostly for being my sanity during this...rather INsane time.

And to all my other friends, you're all appreciated more than you'll ever know. :)

Ah.
Life. Is. Good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment