Thursday, September 22, 2011

If you don't understand that or respect that, then I was right about you anyway.

First of all, I just don't have time for drama these days. Maybe if I were in high school still, I would have time for these silly little games. I understand why some people need drama. You're young. You're immature. You have nothing else in your life to do. I, on the other hand, have a plate that is to-the-brim-full. I don't need you adding your stuff to my plate; especially when they are things I am not quite fond of.

When I post a status about how I am disgusted with how some girls show up at school; that's not an opprotunity for you to start drama with me. I get that you like to show your skin and dress like, what some would call, someone with low morals or self respect. That's fine. The people who do like you probably like you for what you're showing. The people who don't like you probably AREN'T jealous like you think they are. They're probably just disgusted with the fact that someone would actually do that.

Call me old fashioned or boring, but I like for my clothes to cover my body. Granted I like ripped jeans and shirts that have lace overlay; but I leave something to the imagination. I also don't run around like a two cent you know what; especially at school. To me, it's distracting to other people who go there to learn. Some may say then you need to get your head checked. Sorry but if I'm in Anatomy learning about the gleuteus maximus, I honestly do not want to see yours hanging out the back of your pants. I feel dressing like that is not only disrespecting others, but it is more than anything disrespecting yourself.

Another thing: disagreeing with everyone's opinions and hating everything in the world does NOT make you look intelligent. What makes you look intelligent is knowing the story behind something and forming your own opinion based on that. Not just because it's "cool". Example? I have a friend who supports Barack Obama. I don't. However, this friend has formed their opinion based on what they like about him. Yet, there is another person that I know who just likes him because it was the popular thing to do at the time. Person A I respect. Person B...not so much.

Maybe a big part of me not agreeing with this person has to do with me being a mom. I mean a lot has changed since I've had kids. I've never been a "skank" or a "partier", but my priorities are much straighter since I had my girls. I want to teach them by example. That's what I've said since day one. If I say don't dress like that; I'm not going to go out and dress like a hooch. Leave the club clothes for the club. That's it.

And back to the drama thing: LEAVE ME OUT OF IT. On a daily basis I have to deal with my divorce, baby-daddy drama, school full time, running my own photography business, and raising two little girls on my own. Just because I live with my parents doesn't mean that they raise my girls. *I* do. They watch them when I have school and they let us live here rent free; feed us. That's pretty much it. 95% of everything else is all me. They buy things and do things for the girls because they WANT to. Not because I rely on them to. So, I am a single parent. And to top it off, today I've had a sick baby who wants to lay down and cuddle with mommy and a ball of hyperness that just wants to play with mommy. Needless to say, I'm frazzled. I'm exhausted. I do not need your drama. I don't have the energy for it.

Not to mention, I've spent a lot of my "drama" energy on the last three years in a different relationship. I don't have any more to spare unless it's for my kids. That's it. Nothing matters but them. I don't care if you start it off with "I mean no disrespect but..." or "I adore you but..." leave it at that. If you did you wouldn't be writing that. You'd shut up and be a grown up about it.

I don't care who gets mad at me for deleting them or confronting them anymore. My life are those girls. If you don't understand that or respect that, then I was right about you anyway.


That's my rant for today.
Now this "frazzled mama" is going to sleep next to my princess so I have enough energy to decorate for my little tinkerbell's birthday party. <3

goodnight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment